PHIL COSTIGAN IN THE MORNING 6A - 10A
1. Country music shows know how to do an opening number that surprises and delights.
2. Eric Church is capable of laughing at himself--and is probably the only artist who can get away with rockin' sunglasses 24-7.
3. Brothers Osborne are two of the most humble guys and I will ALWAYS buy a ticket to see them live. #sogood
4. Carrie Underwood is likely the most amazing vocalist and managed to make the entire country choke back tears last night.
5. Brad Paisley remains the most overlooked and under-rated performer in the industry.
6. Reba does not age. That or she has an excellent plastic surgeon.
7. I may or may not have poked my own eye out due to the body-tingling chills from the perfect harmonies of Little Big Town, when they performed Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman."
8. Many hearts soared when Eddie Montgomery came out on stage to join Dierks Bentley & Rascal Flatts who were covering the Montgomery-Gentry hit, "My Town," in honor of the late Troy Gentry. That had to be tough for him to perform without his best friend.
9. Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles & Kristian Bush might be reuniting... and it feels so good!
10. Garth Brooks lip-synched his performance last night--and while that's disappointing--he still is "the man" and it was delightful to see his pure joy and shock at winning Entertainer of the Year.
11. There is mad love for 90s Country--and that makes me delighted, as we've been playing more of it here on KQ98 for the past 2 years.
12. One can always count on Country music award shows to be free of political grandstanding--and THAT's just another reason to love it.